At SunPower® by Quality Home Services, we recognize the multitude of benefits solar energy panels offer to your home and the environment. Many homeowners are curious and concerned about the cost of solar power installation and the return on investment in the long run. Initially, reasons revolved around environmental interests, but now they have expanded to include financial advantages as well.
Five reasons homeowners should consider purchasing solar energy panels include:
- Eliminates or significantly reduces your electric bill – An average monthly electric bill is roughly $100, which adds up to $1200 in a year and $24,000 in two decades, also let’s consider the increases in electric rates that have risen between around 3% and 7% annually. Installing solar panels will enable you to break the cycle, by eradicating your electrical bill entirely or reducing it so drastically that they are no longer significant in your budget.
- A great investment – Purchasing solar power is now more affordable than ever. In a few years, the system will essentially pay for itself. Financing options are available, so you don’t have to worry about paying a substantial upfront cost. Guaranteed to last more than 30 years, purchasing solar panels today would mean instant savings now!
- Increases your property value – If you’re planning on selling your home in the future, studies show that homes equipped with solar panel systems have property values 3% to 4% above homes in the same area. They also sell twice as quickly as the competition.
- Boost U.S. energy independence – While the United States produces 3% of the world’s oil output, it consumes 25%. The lack of balance represents the nation’s reliance on foreign fossil fuels, roughly spending $700 billion annually. Imagine if the majority of the homes in the U.S. relied on solar panels instead?
- Create jobs – As the renewable energy industry expands, job opportunities are created for low- and middle-skilled workers. Not only are you helping the environment and saving money, but also making someone else’s life better.
Contact our Fresno solar panel specialists by calling (559) 282-5004 for more information.