You may not realize, but the cost of heating, lighting and cooling make up about 71 percent of all total energy use in an office building monthly. In an office filled with computers, it might seem hard to believe they do not consume most of the energy. This news is a good thing because it means they are ways you can cut down the cost of power consumption. In this blog, our Fresno solar power installation experts discuss ways you can save energy in your office building.
- Dim hallway lights during the day – If your hallways are lined with windows, dim the hallway lights by at least 25 percent. Work is not being performed in the hall, and you can use the light from the sun to light the path.
- Start an energy saving campaign around the office—Send out an email to your employees about shutting off all lights not in use at the end of the day.
- Install motion sensors – Another way to save energy is to install motion sensors, this way office lights will automatically turn off when not in use.
- Turn down HVAC after business hours – When it is cold outside, turn up the temperature after hours of operation, so the building will not run the heater if people are gone. Turn down the temperature during warm seasons so the air conditioning will not run after hours.
- Replace air filters quarterly – When your air filters are dirty, not only does it allow for unwanted particles, pollen, and other allergens to flow through your environment, it also makes your HVAC work harder and use more energy.
- Consider going solar—Once you have completed the above steps you may be interested in how you can save more money on your office energy bill. Installing solar panels can save you thousands of dollars annually on your electric bill.
Save More Money on Your Energy Bills
If you looking to save more money on your office energy costs, the financial and environmental benefits of going solar are many. Both state and federal government offer several tax breaks to homeowners and building owners who choose to go solar. Our Fresno solar power installation experts can book your free estimate today. Call (800) 496-3074 x102.